Rail Atlas of Austria
Your guidepost for the austrian rail network.
144 pages, maps throughout in colour, scale 1:150,000, numerous enlargements 1:50,000, station index, index of railway companies, size 23,5 x 27,5 cm, hardcover
Especially in recent years, the railway system in Austria has developed greatly. The main thoroughfare, the Westbahn between Vienna and Linz will be expanded to a four-track high-speed route. Important sections like St. Pölten - Amstetten and Ybbs - Linz and are already in operation. Under construction is the completely independent new line from Vienna to St. Pölten with the Wienerwald and the Lainz tunnel, which establishes in Vienna the connection of the Westbahn with the Südbahn and the Ostbahn.
An other important ongoing project is the construction of the new Vienna Central Station, which replaces as through station the former Südbahnhof.
Further extensions are related to the Pyhrnbahn Linz - Selzthal and the Südbahn between Graz and Spielfeld-Straß. Here are the construction work in connection with the Koralmbahn, which will connect the country's main cities of Graz and Klagenfurt in the future by a direct line. The first section in Graz is in operation since December 2010 and began serving the expansion of the Styrian S-Bahn network.
Another major project is the expansion of the Brenner axis - in this case the four-tracked expansion of the Lower Inn Valley line between Wörgl and Innsbruck is well advanced, the extent of Kufstein is being planned.
All these projects are presented in this railway atlas in detail, including the current plans of the revised route of the Semmering base tunnel. Of course, even the rest of the rail network is shown, with many explanations of private railways, narrow gauge and gear trains, different electric systems and much more. A treasure trove for anyone who is dealing by professional or hobby with the Austrian railways!
- new revised 2nd edition published November 2010
- editorial deadline September 2010
- current austrian rail network and abandoned lines
- lines of ÖBB railways, regional railways, metro lines, tramways, cableways
- railway maps in scale 1:150,000
- numerous larger scale insets 1:50,000 showing Vienna, Linz, Salzburg, Innsbruck, Villach in detail
- columns with additional detailed information to each map
- special railway theme maps: line category, train protection, intermodal freight code, diesel stations, workshops, motive power depot, container terminals
- official timetable numbers, working timetable numbers
- index of railway stations
- index of railway companies
- key in German, English, Italian and French
Downscaled example of map 1:150,000
You will find our books amongst others in the following stores:
amazon.co.uk | abebooks.co.uk | bookdepository.com |
ianallanpublishing.com | platform5.com
mixmediastore.com | studieboeken.nl
|[Rail Atlas Germany]||[Rail Atlas Italy]||[Rail Atlas Switzerland]|