Rail Atlas Switzerland
Your guidepost for the swiss rail network.
112 pages, Format 23,5 x 27,5 cm, hardcover, all rail maps in color, scale 1:150,000, detailed maps scale 1:50,000, station index.
New revised edition - now available!
The railway network in Switzerland is one of the densest railway networks in Europe and is characterized by a wide variety. About half is operated by the Swiss Federal Railways (SBB). In addition there are numerous private companies that shape the railway in Switzerland.
Many lines were built narrow-gauge because of the difficult topography. Some narrow-gauge railways, such as the Rhaetian Railway (RhB) and the Matterhorn-Gotthard Bahn (MGB), serves with their meter gauge network whole regions. The famous Glacier-Express and Bernina-Express allow two of the most interesting train journeys in the world.
The north-south trending Gotthard and the Lötschberg-Simplon route are important for the international traffic - especially for railway freight transport from the North Sea ports to Italy. The new rail link through the Alps (NEAT) with the new base tunnels will expanded it considerably until 2015.
This Railway Atlas Switzerland documented the varity of Swiss railways in full-scale maps with a lot of additional information. The basic scale is 1:150,000 added, there are numerous detailed maps on a scale of 1:50,000.
- new revised 2nd edition published March 2012
- editorial deadline January 2012
- current swiss rail network and abandoned lines
- lines of state railways, regional railways, metro lines, tramways, cableways
- railway maps in scale 1:150,000
- numerous larger scale insets 1:50,000 showing Basle, Zurich, Bern, Lusanne, Genève, Aigle, Montreux, Locarno, Lugano, Jungfrau, Lötschberg, Gotthard, Albula and Bernina in detail
- columns with additional detailed information to each map
- special railway theme maps: line category, train protection, intermodal freight code, diesel stations, workshops, motive power depot, container terminals
- official timetable numbers, working timetable numbers
- index of railway stations
- index of railway companies
- key in German, English, Italian and French
You will find our books amongst others in the following stores:
amazon.co.uk | abebooks.co.uk | allbookstores.co.uk | bookdepository.com |
ianallanpublishing.com | motorbooks.co.uk | platform5.com
mixmediastore.com | studieboeken.nl | vanstockum.nl
|[Rail Atlas Germany]||[Rail Atlas Austria]||[Rail Atlas Italy]|